Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What are YOU doing at work today?

Lately I've traded in my teeny tiny stitches for some slightly bigger ones:


I am IN LOVE with this yarn color. Blues and yellows and greens, its the definition of spring! I know New England is still getting snow and a variety of winter mixes weather wise, but down south things are warming up and the pollen is in full force.

Seriously these pictures don't do it justice. The colors are so bright! It's Lily Sugar N Cream- Summer Prints
Work is unusually slow so far this week, and so I'm taking the opportunity to get caught up on some reading (this series is addictive!) and do some knitting/crafting. A friend made us all wash clothes which she gifted with quite possible the most amazing smelling soap I've ever owned as a Christmas gift, and since then I've been itching to give them a go. Then last week another friend showed me ones that she'd been working on, then my swap partner (more about this later) on Craftster said she was making them too, and I simply couldn't take it any more.

I'm not much for following a pattern when knitting, but I decided as long as I stayed in my familiar square or rectangle format I might make it through. I found this pattern on Ravelry (an amazing site, BTW) and so far I can't believe how simple it is! Not to mention I LOVE the practicality of this project. I have a feeling I'll be addicted to these babies for quite some time.

2 comments:

  1. I love making them and the pattern is really easy. I have the pattern committed to memory now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on a reverse stockinette block now in a robin's egg blue to match. I think I'll give them to my sister, as I still owe her (and everyone else!) her handmade item for the year :)

    ReplyDelete